A Specialist May Help

People with allergic asthma may have a hard time recognizing that their asthma symptoms are brought on by allergens. Others may not realize that their allergic asthma is not under control. For these reasons, diagnosis can sometimes be a challenge. A specialist such as an allergist or pulmonologist may help.

Your doctor may suggest that you see a specialist if:

  • Diagnosing your asthma requires special testing
  • You’ve had a life-threatening asthma attack
  • You need higher doses or several kinds of medicine to control your asthma attacks
  • Your asthma symptoms are not under control
An Allergist Is:

An expert in asthma, allergies, and other immune system disorders.

A Pulmonologist Is:

An expert in conditions of the lungs, heart, and other organs that people need to breathe.

You’re leaving allergicasthma.com

You are now leaving allergicasthma.com. The website you are going to contains information about a treatment
option for moderate to severe persistent allergic asthma.